OPEN ARMS UKRAINE is a 501(c)(3) non-profit working with orphan children in Ukraine. A dedicated team currently lives in Sumy, Ukraine working with the lost and broken orphans residing there. These fatherless children are desperately seeking hope in a depressed country within a suffocating system.
Only 10% of orphans will successfully transition to adult life. The other 90% will do their best to try to survive with 60% of girls turning to prostitution and 70% of boys turning to a life of crime. When forced to live in a world they are unprepared for, desperation takes over and life becomes a struggle to endure.
Open Arms Ukraine desires to change these statistics by working with orphans starting at the orphanage and walking alongside them in the years following the orphanage as they make the difficult transition into society. Through programs and individual relationships we seek to build trust, guide, and share the love of Christ in tangible ways with these forgotten children.